White Dove School in Santa Clara is looking for English speaking pre-school, elementary and middle school teachers that have a passion for Jesus Christ and a desire to help change the country of Honduras one heart at a time. The beautiful children of Santa Clara are our future. It is the mission of White Dove to encourage and help these children become the leaders who can change the direction of our country.
It is challenging work, but we are spreading the love of Jesus as we educate these little leaders. They are learning that they can make a difference in their villages and in their futures. Proverbs 22:6 says, “Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.”
- When is a good time to come? Opportunities are available year round. The school year is from Feb. 1st - Nov. 15th.
- Where will I live? You will be part of the community. There are houses for missionaries/interns. The school will pay for your rent and will provide breakfast and lunch.
- Is there Internet? Yes, internet is available.
- How will I get to and from the airport? The Administrator will pick you up when you arrive and will take you back when you leave.
- What type of curriculum does the school use? The school follows the National Curriculum of Honduras. For the English classes, we use the A-Beka curriculum.
- Would I be able to use my personal laptop while I am there? Definitely!
- What are the mandatory working hours? Monday—Friday 6:30 am to 3:00 pm
- What is the weather like in Santa Clara? The average temperature is from 18-40℃ (65-95℉). During the rainy season (not constantly raining, however) - Jun-Nov you may want a lightweight, water repellent jacket.
- How do people get around in the village? The easiest way to get around is by walking. It takes about 15 minutes to walk from the village to the main highway to catch a bus to go to San Pedro Sula (about one hour away).
- What sources are available in the classrooms? The students have access to various textbooks and workbooks for most of their subjects. A library and a computer lab are also available.
- Check out youtube “unageneraciondiferente” by Campus TV
For more information please contact Suyapa at:
Tel. 2625-1300 or 9517-4540